It ‘a RTM molding process that uses compression metal molds under a high tonnage hydraulic press.
It allows to obtain manufactured articles made of composite with:
- high reinforcement content
- total process control
- exceptional repeatability
- very high production rates
With an appropriate set up of molds you can get over 10,000 parts a year.
The thermosetting matrix compounds with respect to the most common thermoplastic polymers have higher technical-performance characteristics among which can be listed:
- dimensional stability at high temperatures due to the intrinsic nature of thermosetting materials
- high mechanical properties, both in terms of stiffness and impact resistance
- resistance to chemical and atmospheric agents specifically formulated for external use
- fire resistance with materials loaded in the total absence of halogens
- high surface quality with “CLASS A” finishing for the automotive industry
AN ECOCOMPATIBLE SOLUTION
Components made with traditional materials such as steel, aluminum, and cement have a high environmental impact in terms of energy consumption, raw materials and carbon dioxide emissions.
For these factors, SMC and BMC are the best response to today’s needs:
- allow the weight reduction of the final product resulting in a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- it is not necessary for subsequent processing steps such as drilling and welding
- thermosetting compounds are recyclable materials through re-use in the cement production process in accordance with European WFD 2008/98 / EC
Trucker is a market leader in this particular production specialty with over 50000 printed parts per year.